3-30x Returns On Your Marketing Investment!

Smart And Fast Social Media Marketing.

Influencer Marketing Trends 2019 (Infographic)

Instagram marketing has become a staple to brands in the last few years. Influencer marketing, on the other hand, has quickly proven to be an effective technique and approach within the social media world. It has become the norm for businesses to include in their marketing strategy. 

Just a quick summary of what Influencer Marketing is:

It involves using a trusted source to drive a key message to the larger market. It pinpoints people with large followings to deliver a brand’s product/service to their audience. Customers can relate better to the influencer and can come across as a “trusted recommendation from a friend”.

Influencer marketing gives brands the ability to build trust with their audience and help expand brand awareness and drive sales.

Influencer Marketing Hub conducted a marketing survey and created a visual representation of some of the trends in 2019. 

Key Influencer Marketing Trends 

These are some of the key takeaways from the 2019 study.

Google searches for “influencer marketing” grew 1500% over 3 years. Searches per month rose from 3,900 in 2015, to 6,460 in 2016, to 21,000 in 2017 and then to 61,000 in 2018.

From the survey results, 69% of influencer marketing campaigns are aimed at the B2C sector, whereas the rest of the 31% is aimed at B2B.

Instagram is the most-used channel for influencer marketing campaigns. With 79% of people responded to the platform being the most important option. Followed by Facebook 46% and YouTube 36%. However, this does depend on the target markets for who brands want to engage with.

The most important objective when launching an influencer campaign is engagement/clicks 43%, followed by views/reach/impressions 33% then content type/category 24%. 

Where these statistics are on the positive side there are some limitations and challenges that come with this type of strategy.

The biggest challenge in managing influencer campaigns are physically finding influencers to participate (36%). Brands may find it difficult to find legitimate and the most suitable influencers for their campaign. Followed by managing contracts or deadlines of the campaign (24%).

Respondents have expressed concern in influencer fraud. 64% of marketers deem its an issue. This includes influencers that augment their followers and engagement. However, there are publicly available tools to prevent this. 

Overall, we can clearly say that Influencer Marketing is still very effective and looking positive. From the recent trends, Marketers are determining this type of approach is working and incorporating this strategy into their campaigns. However, be on the lookout for shady influencers. Fake followers, engagement and bots are becoming a common problem. The use of online tools can definitely help avoid any mishaps.

The infographic can be viewed below.

Influencer marketing trends 2019

 

 

samadmin Feb 13, 2020

5 reasons why your social media isn’t working for your business

Achieving and maintaining a strong social media presence is a must for any eCommerce brand....
Uncategorized
samadmin Feb 11, 2020

Social media marketing metrics to keep an eye on in 2020

As an eCommerce business owner, you need to understand the parts that absolutely matter when...
Blog social
samadmin Jan 13, 2020

How to Optimise your Website Conversion Rate in 2020

Quick Fixes You Need To Optimise Your Conversion Rate Is your eCommerce site getting all...
Blog
Scroll to Top